Do I have to use my savings at a Pennsylvania college or university?
No. The money in your PA 529 account may be used at any eligible higher education institution in the United States and abroad that qualifies under federal guidelines. This includes most public and private colleges and universities, graduate and postgraduate schools, community colleges and certain proprietary and vocational schools. To search for eligible schools, go to fafsa.ed.gov.
- What are qualified education expenses?
- Do I have to use my savings at a Pennsylvania college or university?
- What are eligible educational institutions?
- Can I access my account for purposes other than paying for higher education (non-qualified withdrawals)?
- What happens if my child does not attend college?
- Who can access my account?
- When I send mail regarding my account, it goes to Massachusetts, not Pennsylvania. Wouldn't it be more direct to send it in-state?