Do I have to use my savings at a Pennsylvania college or university?

No. The money in your PA 529 account may be used at any eligible higher education institution in the United States and abroad that qualifies under federal guidelines. This includes most public and private colleges and universities, graduate and postgraduate schools, community colleges and certain proprietary and vocational schools. To search for eligible schools, go to

Related Topics

The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program sponsors two plans-the Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) and the Investment Plan (IP). The guarantee of the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan is an obligation of the GSP Fund, not the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any state agency. Before investing in either plan, please carefully read that plan's disclosure to learn more about that plan including investment objectives, risks, fees, and tax implications.