What benefits can I get by saving in the PA 529 Program that I can’t get from any other 529 program?
As a Pennsylvania resident, you get special treatment. Not only are your contributions deductible from your Pennsylvania state income tax, the entire value of your account is exempt from Pennsylvania inheritance tax. Assets held in a PA 529 plan are not counted when determining state financial aid for college. Assets in any other state 529 plan are counted. PA 529 assets are also protected from creditors in Pennsylvania. Assets in out-of-state plans are not protected.
Another unique benefit to PA 529 plans is the SAGE Scholars Tuition Rewards program, which offers tuition discounts to 300+ private colleges nationwide, including over 50 in Pennsylvania. One more great way to stretch your savings with a Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Plan. See more information.
- What are 529 college savings plans?
- What are the income tax benefits of investing in a PA 529 account?*
- What are the gift, estate and inheritance tax benefits of investing in a PA 529 account?*
- Will owning a PA 529 account affect the beneficiary's eligibility for financial aid?
- What benefits can I get by saving in the PA 529 Program that I can't get from any other 529 program?