How do I roll over another 529 account into my PA 529 account?

You can roll over funds from your existing 529 account into a PA 529 plan by first opening a PA 529 account and completing the Incoming Rollover Form for the appropriate Pennsylvania plan. PA 529 will then request the funds from the other program. If you have already closed your other account, you can send the proceeds from the rollover with a copy of your Enrollment Form and a breakdown of the principal and earnings of the rollover. Please note that, in order for the rollover to be protected from federal and state taxes, we must receive the funds within 60 days of their withdrawal.

Related Topics

The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program sponsors two plans-the Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) and the Investment Plan (IP). The guarantee of the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan is an obligation of the GSP Fund, not the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any state agency. Before investing in either plan, please carefully read that plan's disclosure to learn more about that plan including investment objectives, risks, fees, and tax implications.