How do I roll over a Coverdell ESA to a PA 529 account?

You can roll funds from your Coverdell ESA account into a Pennsylvania plan by first opening a PA 529 account and completing the Incoming Rollover Form for the appropriate Pennsylvania plan. We will then request the funds from the other program. If you have already closed your other account, you can send the proceeds from the rollover with a copy of your Enrollment Form and a breakdown of the principal and earnings of the rollover. In order for the rollover to be protected from federal and state taxes, we must receive the funds within 60 days of their withdrawal.

Download a GSP rollover form | IP rollover form now!

Related Topics

The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program sponsors two plans-the Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) and the Investment Plan (IP). The guarantee of the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan is an obligation of the GSP Fund, not the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any state agency. Before investing in either plan, please carefully read that plan's disclosure to learn more about that plan including investment objectives, risks, fees, and tax implications.