How do I change my Tuition Level?
If your student is attending a Pennsylvania publicly funded school, before requesting a payment, you should check to see if the Tuition Level at which you have been saving matches the school your student will be attending. If it does not, you should change your Tuition Level. By making sure that your Tuition Level matches the public school being attended, you ensure that you will receive the account value to which you are entitled.
If your student is attending a private or out-of-state school, your payment will be made based on your current Tuition Level (which you may change at any time). If you have not taken a qualified withdrawal from this account before, you also need to advise the PA 529 GSP that you intend to use your account.
You may change your Tuition Level and Enrollment Status online by logging in to your PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan account. You may also call customer service at 1-800-440-4000.
Once you have logged in to your account, select your student's GSP account and follow these steps:
- Click on "Change Your Tuition Level"
- On the first screen, select the average tuition level or the specific Pennsylvania publicly funded school to which you wish to set your account. (Note: You may not need to make a change on this screen if your beneficiary is attending the school your account is currently set at or is going to a private or out-of-state school.)
- Depending on your previous selection, you may need to determine if your beneficiary is in-state, out-of-state, in-district, or out-of-district. (Note: This screen will be skipped if you are saving at the private four-year or Ivy League average.)
- If your beneficiary is going to a private or out-of-state school, you will need to find their "non-participating institution" by typing the school name (or a portion of the school name) and clicking the "Search" button and selecting the appropriate location. If your beneficiary is attending a Pennsylvania publicly funded school (one that we have a tuition level for) you will simply want to skip this screen. (Note: “non-participating institution” simply means that the school is not a Pennsylvania publicly funded institution.)
- Confirm your student’s tuition level and click “Submit”.
After you have updated your Tuition Level and/or school of attendance you will be brought back to the main account screen and will need to update your student’s “Enrollment Status”.
To update your student’s Enrollment Status, click on the “View Profile & Documents” link from the left-hand menu to access account profile options and follow these steps:
- Click on the “Beneficiaries” link from the left-hand menu to access your student’s information and click “Edit”.
- Change the “Expected Withdrawal” setting to “Yes” and click “Next”.
- Verify your changes and click “Submit”.
After you have updated your student’s school of attendance and Enrollment Status, your account will be ready to make online qualified withdrawal requests or allow you to download a Payment Authorization Form to process a paper request. (Note: All requests for qualified withdrawals must include a copy of the student’s tuition bill.)
- What is the Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)?
- Who may open a PA 529 GSP account?
- Who can be a beneficiary of a PA 529 GSP account?
- How do I access my account to pay for qualified higher education expenses (qualified withdrawal)?
- When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?
- How do I obtain, complete and submit a Payment Authorization Form?
- What does it cost to open an account?
- What is the account maintenance fee?
- How much is the account maintenance fee?
- What if I am not a Pennsylvania resident?
- How do I enroll in the PA 529 GSP?
- Why do I need to choose a tuition level?
- How do I change my Tuition Level?
- Why is August 31 an important date for contributing to a PA 529 GSP account?