What is the Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)?
It is a tax-advantaged and lower-risk 529 plan intended to help individuals or families save for college. It is a program established by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and administered by the Treasury Department. Growth on contributions to a PA 529 GSP account is based on tuition inflation at a tuition level you choose.
With the PA 529 GSP, if you save enough to pay for a semester of college at one tuition level today, you are guaranteed to have enough to pay for a semester of college at the same tuition level tomorrow. (Some restrictions apply; see the PA 529 GSP Disclosure Statement for details.)
- What is the Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)?
- Who may open a PA 529 GSP account?
- Who can be a beneficiary of a PA 529 GSP account?
- How do I access my account to pay for qualified higher education expenses (qualified withdrawal)?
- When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?
- How do I obtain, complete and submit a Payment Authorization Form?
- What does it cost to open an account?
- What is the account maintenance fee?
- How much is the account maintenance fee?
- What if I am not a Pennsylvania resident?
- How do I enroll in the PA 529 GSP?
- Why do I need to choose a tuition level?
- How do I change my Tuition Level?
- Why is August 31 an important date for contributing to a PA 529 GSP account?