When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?
Generally, you can request payment as soon as you receive the itemized tuition bill. However, if your student is attending a private or out-of-state school, there may be a wait for fall semester payments, depending on the tuition level at which you are seeking payment. Fall Payment Authorization Forms and online withdrawal requests are not available until the schools in your tuition level have set and certified their tuition rate for the upcoming academic year. Generally, the Private Four-year College Average and the Ivy League Average Tuition Levels are available for payout by July. Payouts for other Tuition Levels might not be available until the end of July. If your bill is due before the fall Payment Authorization Form or online withdrawal is available for your Tuition Level, please call customer service at 1-800-440-4000 for additional options.
- What is the Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)?
- Who may open a PA 529 GSP account?
- Who can be a beneficiary of a PA 529 GSP account?
- How do I access my account to pay for qualified higher education expenses (qualified withdrawal)?
- When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?
- How do I obtain, complete and submit a Payment Authorization Form?
- What does it cost to open an account?
- What is the account maintenance fee?
- How much is the account maintenance fee?
- What if I am not a Pennsylvania resident?
- How do I enroll in the PA 529 GSP?
- Why do I need to choose a tuition level?
- How do I change my Tuition Level?
- Why is August 31 an important date for contributing to a PA 529 GSP account?