When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?

Generally, you can request payment as soon as you receive the itemized tuition bill. However, if your student is attending a private or out-of-state school, there may be a wait for fall semester payments, depending on the tuition level at which you are seeking payment. Fall Payment Authorization Forms and online withdrawal requests are not available until the schools in your tuition level have set and certified their tuition rate for the upcoming academic year. Generally, the Private Four-year College Average and the Ivy League Average Tuition Levels are available for payout by July. Payouts for other Tuition Levels might not be available until the end of July. If your bill is due before the fall Payment Authorization Form or online withdrawal is available for your Tuition Level, please call customer service at 1-800-440-4000 for additional options.

Related Topics

The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program sponsors two plans-the Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) and the Investment Plan (IP). The guarantee of the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan is an obligation of the GSP Fund, not the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any state agency. Before investing in either plan, please carefully read that plan's disclosure to learn more about that plan including investment objectives, risks, fees, and tax implications.