Are portfolio returns guaranteed?
Your returns are never guaranteed and your account value will fluctuate with market performance. As with any investment in securities, you can lose money by investing in the PA 529 IP. Keep in mind that the holding period for college investors is short (generally 5 to 20 years), and you should consider investing more conservatively as the time approaches for you to begin making withdrawals. Before you select an investment option, carefully consider your investment time horizon and risk tolerance.
- What is the PA 529 Investment Plan (IP)?
- Who is Ascensus College Savings Recordkeeping Services, Inc.? (ACSR)
- Who is Vanguard?
- How do I use my PA 529 IP Account?
- What are my investment choices?
- Are portfolio returns guaranteed?
- When can I change my investment options?
- If I'm invested in an age-based savings option, do I need to do anything as the beneficiary grows older?
- Can I see a list and description of the portfolios' underlying mutual funds?
- What if I'd like to allocate part of my investment to a portfolio not listed here?
- How is investment performance determined?
- How do I enroll in the Pennsylvania 529 IP?