Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)
Save for tomorrow's education at today's rates.
- The account owner or beneficiary must be a Pennsylvania resident.
- You make contributions based on the type of school or tution level you want to save toward. PA Treasury manages the investments of the GSP fund.
- Your savings grows based on the rising cost of college tuition. If you save enough for a state school semester today, you'll have enough to cover a semester at that type of school in the future - no matter how much tuition goes up.
- You can get your money back any time, for any reason. When not used for qualified expenses, you'll get back at least what you put in minus any fees.*
- More about the GSP
Investment Plan (IP)
Customize your investment options to achieve your savings goals.
- No Pennsylvania residency requirements.
- Chose your investment options from Vanguard ranging from conservative to aggressive, plus target enrollment date portfolios.
- Returns on your contributions are based on performance of your investment options, and could be more or less than you originally invested.
- Get your money back any time, for any reason. When not used for qualified expenses, you'll get your current account value, which may be more or less than your original contributions.*
- More about the IP
The PA 529 College and Career Savings Program offers many advantages over other education funding options.
PA 529 vs. Student Loans
Any amount you can save and invest ahead of time is better (and less expensive) than borrowing.
PA 529 vs. Savings Accounts
When compared to traditional savings, PA 529 plans offer potential for greater growth through tax benefits and investments.
Other 529 Plans
If you're a PA resident, PA 529 plans provide special tax benefits and exemption from PA's inheritance tax. You can even send your state tax refunds directly to your PA 529 account.